Thursday, May 3, 2012

Beach Days, Studying, L'Ovella Negra


This past weekend was the first one in a long time that I didn't spend traveling. Instead, I got to relax around Barcelona, go out with Alejandra and Sam, and spend Sunday lying on the beach. I went into the water on Tuesday. Yes, I can now say that I have swam in the Mediterranean. Being able to relax in a place is a true blessing. It means that you are comfortable enough there to be able to spend the day in peace, without running from one place to another. Traveling is an amazing experience, but being in a place that you are able to call home is also a gift. Throughout my time here, I have gone from being completely unfamiliar with this city to calling it my home. Being at the beach and just spending time with friends this week has opened my eyes to how much I love Barcelona. Every morning, I wake up grateful that it is not time to go home yet. I love being here in Barcelona with my host family and the people that I have met through my program. This is a huge step for me, considering I was very homesick for a long time this semester. After three and a half months, I am finally adapted and at peace. Time is going by way too quickly, and before I know it, it will be time to go back home to Indiana. It will be time to leave behind my friends, my host family Passeig de Gracia, Placa Catalunya, La Universitat de Barcelona, La Casa, Barceloneta, Barrio Gotico, Temple Bar, Parc Guell, and so many other things that I did not know about in December but that I have come to love. This has been an incredible roller coaster of an experience, and I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity to study abroad. Here's to making the last month everything that it's meant to be. Cheers to Barcelona. 



No comments:

Post a Comment