Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today, I woke up at 11:30 and got ready for my date with Danni. We went to eat patatas bravas and then got cupcakes. Then, I went to CIEE with the intention to read and wait for my 7:00 class. I got distracted with Facebook, and ended up not doing any reading at all. Then, I heard people talking about Cook and Taste and decided that I would go to that instead of my class. I walked back to my apartment, wrote a few postcards, and got ready to go learn how to make delicious Spanish food. I left a half an hour early and walked to a metro station which is fifteen minutes away to get to the restaurant where we were going to have cooking lessons. When I got off the metro, I realized that I was five minutes walking distance from my house and that I didn't need to take the metro at all. Needless to say, I felt a little ridiculous. At the restaurant, we learned how to make tortilla espanola, pumpkin soup, bread with tomato, paella, and crema catalana. We also got recipes for all of the dishes. It was a very fun evening to spend with friends, and the meal was delicious. After dinner, we went to Temple Bar to hang out and have a drink. I had one beer and then came back home. I have class at 8:30 and won't be able to come home until 9:00 tomorrow, but I am very glad that I spent Valentine's Day learning something new with people that I have come to love over this short month. Happy Valentine's Day everyone, I hope it was terrific.





































No comments:

Post a Comment