Monday, January 16, 2012

Beautiful Barcelona

After a long, long trip I am finally here, in Barcelona. My parents drove me to O'Hare Airport at 9:00 on January 15, and I boarded a flight to JFK Airport in New York. After that, I got on a seven hour and one minute flight to Barcelona, waited three hours (or more... I'm so tired that I have lost all track of time) for the CIEE group to pick us up, and then went to a hotel for orientation. I am so nervous and excited that I have not been able to sleep for the last 24 hours. I hope that means that I will sleep well tonight. I have Facebooked Jason and emailed my parents to let them know that I am here. I don't have any pictures yet, but Barcelona is to die for. There are palm trees and mountains, and I haven't seen it yet, but I'm told that there is a beach. Making this trip and leaving behind everything I love in the United States was a hard decision, but I know that I will make so many unforgettable memories here, and I feel so blessed to have this opportunity. I will write more once I have pictures and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment